What Does a “Sports Mom” Want for Mother’s Day?
Share This :
Even though it’s hard to remember what day it is, we’re here to remind you that Mother’s Day is just around the corner. And while you may think your options are limited because of stay-at-home orders and social distancing, we’re also here to confirm that assumption is 100% correct–your options are slightly limited this year.
Fear not! You can still celebrate mom in a meaningful and memorable way.
We asked all of the TeamSnapper sports moms how they really want to spend Mother’s Day this year. Spoiler alert–someone else cleaning, time alone, self-care, and a little acknowledgment are a few key themes. Without further ado, here’s the full wish list.
- 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep to start the day. Then, brunch at home with my family and time alone to take a virtual yoga class. Later, a family walk and a glass of champagne to cap it all off.
- The kids make me breakfast in bed and clean the kitchen afterward–no arguing allowed!
- My kids giving me a foot massage and pedicure.
- My kids cleaning up pretty much anything.
- I asked for a letter outlining three reasons why I am a wonderful mom. They think I am joking. I am not.
- Take-out from our favorite restaurant, eaten on the patio together.
- Since the house is now also a home office, school, and a soccer practice arena I’m asking for candles and oil diffusers to keep the serenity.
- We can’t rely on a school art project this year, but I’m still asking for a homemade card.
- The family takes a one to two-hour sightseeing car ride or outdoor activity while I stay home and do whatever I want.
- A clean bathroom and a few hours alone for self-care–face mask, paraffin wax treatment, painted toes, etc.
- Help get the yard ready for summer! It has become our oasis during these times, and flowers will make it even more beautiful.
- If it’s a nice day, I want to spend most of it outside–family bike ride, kayaking, neighborhood walk–no screens allowed.
During this time of days blending together, we hope this inspires you to plan an unforgettable day.