5 Facts About Concussions
Share This :
Few health-related topics are discussed in the news today as frequently as sports-related concussions. Even still, misconceptions are widespread, and the most common facts remain largely unknown. In the youth sports world alone, did you know the following about concussions?
- 1 in 5 high school athletes will get a concussion.
- You do NOT have to get hit in the head to sustain a concussion.
- Girls are 4x more likely to get concussed than boys.
- Girls high school soccer suffers more concussions per capita than high school football.
- The number one cause of concussions is biking accidents.
Educating young athletes about misconceptions is the first step to prevention. CrashCourse by TeachAids has the most up-to-date concussion education information, scientifically validated and specifically designed for youth sports participants.
This concussion awareness month, three easy steps can keep your athletes safer.
- Watch the 12-minute CrashCourse.
- Share it with your child or team.
- Always be mindful of the symptoms.
Most concussions heal within 10 days if you take the right steps. And, going back into the game while injured can double your recovery time and potentially lead to more significant problems down the road. Help keep kids safe and spread the word.
CrashCourse Football (12min) features Stanford running back and Doak Walker award winner Bryce Love, and his teammates. To learn how to distribute the latest concussion prevention education for free to your sports organization or team, please visit CrashCourse by TeachAids.