Theresa Sherry Named Positive Coaching Alliance National Coach of the Year
Share This :
On Thursday, January 26, TeamSnap presented the Positive Coaching Alliance National Coach of the Year award to Theresa Sherry. Sherry was honored at the annual Game Changer Awards and Benefit event at the Chase Center in San Fransisco. TeamSnap CEO Peter Frintzilas presented the award to Sherry in front of a crowd including Dusty Baker, World Series champion manager and this year’s winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Steph Curry’s Curry Brand which was honored with the PCA’s Community Impact Award.
Check out some more highlights from the Game Changer Awards and Benefit event:
- Golden State Warriors Center Kevon Looney, Oakland Athletics Manager Mark Kotsay, San Francisco Giants Pitcher Logan Webb honored their coaches and mentors
- Under Armour, Four-Time NBA Champion Stephen Curry’s Curry Brand, was honored with a Community Impact Award
- Women’s Soccer Greats Brandi Chastain, Aly Wagner, Danielle Slaton, and Leslie Osborne shared their efforts to bring a National Women’s Soccer League team to the Bay Area
- Positive Coaching Alliance awarded Theresa Sherry with the Coach of the Year award, as part of the Double-Goal Coach® awards program presented by TeamSnap
- Houston Astros Manager and PCA national advisory board member Dusty Baker was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award
Game changers in the game of soccer.
– NWSL to the Bay (@nwsltothebay) January 27, 2023
The 2023 Game Changer Awards & Benefit was truly a special evening, full of inspiring stories of the lasting impact a positive coach can have on a young person. Thank you again to sponsors @LEVIS, @Xfinity and @NBCSAuthentic. Check out the recap below! https://t.co/NwSuFj441a pic.twitter.com/71qXTURIHv
– Positive Coaching Alliance (@PositiveCoachUS) January 27, 2023
A tribute to inspirational coaches and mentors ðŸ‘
– NBC Sports Bay Area & CA (@NBCSAuthentic) January 31, 2023
About Theresa Sherry
Sherry founded The Tenacity Project, a non-profit organization, as a way to give back to the game and the sport that has been so critical in her life. The club is about so much more than lacrosse. They focus on mental health, leadership, and physical health training as part of their curriculum. They are empowering young women through lacrosse to have the best outcomes in life. Through The Tenacity Project scholarship and aid programs, all girls have access to lacrosse, even if their circumstances would not normally allow it.